The Library provides interlibrary loan service to students and faculty at no charge. This includes obtaining copies of articles and borrowing books from other libraries. Please note the following rules:
For all interlibrary loan requests:
- Include as complete a citation as possible.
- Submit your requests in writing. Either paper or email is fine. If you found the citation online, you can copy, paste, and email it to email@example.com.
- Allow 2-3 weeks from the time of your request for items to arrive. While requests are handled in the quickest practical way, the library is unable to provide rush service. If you need materials quickly, the librarian can provide referrals for you to visit Metro-area libraries to use their collections onsite.
For books borrowed from other libraries:
- Only two books will be borrowed at a time for any individual. To request more than two books, you can submit a list arranged in order of priority. As you return borrowed items, the librarian will submit requests for the next books in line.
- If you need the book(s) for longer than the loan period, request a renewal prior to the due date. Renewals are usually granted by the lending library, but they’re not guaranteed. Please be prepared to return books on their due date.
- Any specific book can be borrowed by an individual one time, and renewed one time. Interlibrary loan isn’t intended as a substitute for purchasing books. If you need the book for an extended period, please buy a personal copy. If you feel it should be part of the CMPS library collection, let the librarian know, and we’ll evaluate it for possible library purchase.